Design Lead Engineer (m/f)
Our customer is a globally established designer, manufacturer, and supplier of tailor-made gearboxes for wind turbines and stands out due to their combination of experience, expertise and efficient production. In the race of reducing the cost of clean, renewable energy, the company continuously aspires to deliver innovative solutions in powertrain technology. The right candidate will find a challenging and demanding job with excellent development opportunities and growth potential in an inspiring and multicultural environment.
- Responsible for new gearboxes for wind turbines according to customer specifications
- Designing and calculating gearboxes and components in line with customer and internal requirements and ready for production and assembling
- Involved in the co-engineering of suppliers and other departments such as process engineering, purchasing, supplier quality and validation engineering
- Owner of the knowledge domain Design
- Driving innovation and ensuring efficient and effective cooperation within the design team
- Advisory role with regards to competence management and resource planning with regards to design and manufacturing technologies
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering preferably within the area of drive technology
- At least 3 years of industry experience in gearbox development, ideally in the wind industry
- Can-do attitude, analytical problem solver, goal oriented, customer oriented
- Good organizational and communicative skills as well as intercultural competence
- Profound experience with 3D CAD, preferably PTC Creo 2.0
- First experience with Windchill is preferred, but not a must
- Excellent language skills (spoken and written) in English. German or Dutch is an asset.
Location: Northern Belgium